The Indian gooseberry, which is known by the name amla, is undeniably a storehouse of nutrients. It is an unusual equilibrium of sweet and sour, pungent and bitter flavors. There are several benefits associated with the amla powder or Amalaki. Furthermore, you can have amla in any form you like juice, in the form of powder or even can be consumed raw. You can also eat it by making amla pickle or amla jam and can also have candied amla. It is considered to be a great source of Vitamin C, calcium and iron. Don’t you think Amla is a great health treasure?
Besides these benefits, Amla also provides several beauty benefits. Yes, it is great for your skin and hair. It contains the antioxidants that play a great role in diminishing the cell damage which might lead to free radicals causing health related diseases. But the best way to consume Amla is to have it in powdered form. As Amla powder tastes a bit bitter, you can have a mix of Amla powder, honey, ginger powder, and lime juice. There are people who take Amla powder in a glass of fresh juice in their breakfast. You can also dust some amla powder when you eat fruits like papaya, banana, or apple.
You might be well aware of the fact that Amla powder works wonder in boosting your immunity. It also fetches you amazing hair, skin and overall health benefits.
- Amla powder is considered to be the purest source of Vitamin C. It makes you strong from within by making your blood vessels thicker and at the same time stronger. This powder is also associated with improving your immunity to help you combat infections easily.
- Consuming the Amla powder lowers down your risk of becoming a victim to heart diseases. It regulates the building up of bad cholesterol and keeps you healthy.
- Amla is a great source of antioxidants that are known to assist you to fight against the free radicals that are present in the body. This further diminishes the cell damage and lowers the risk of falling prey to cancer and inflammation.
- Amla powder gets you great skin and also regular intake of it keeps it hydrated. You can have the Amla powder with water or you can also add a bit of fit to your face mask to get the natural glow. Mixing Amla powder with honey and yogurt forms a good face mask for you. Leave the face mask on your face till it dries and then you can wash your face. You will get a smooth and clear skin.
- Amla contains a high fiber content is great for your digestive system. It is highly beneficial when you have constipation. The Amla powder is a wonderful home remedy to treat hyperacidity and stomach ulcers.
- Amla is also well known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Intake of Amla powder trims down the acid level in your stomach and treats inflammation.
- One of the greatest benefits of Amla is that it is great food for anti-aging. Eating Amla in any form regularly without fail slows down your aging and fetches you gorgeous skin.
- Amla powder also works great for people who have diabetes. It contains chromium which turns your body more responsive to insulin and help in blood sugar regulation.
- If you take the Amla powder with a teaspoon of honey, it purifies your blood. You can also opt to have the Amla powder with jaggery and eat it daily. This increases the amount of hemoglobin in your body naturally.
- Amla powder also makes your hair healthy. It is known to keep your dandruff at bay and effectively treats hair loss.
So! What are you waiting? Start eating Amla and see the difference it brings to you.