Losing weight is more easy said than done ! This is surely a universal truth. the flab seems to stick on by default and as and when you try to get rid of the same, you simple seem to be driving uphill without much support. Thus the repeated efforts leave all your enthusiasm futile and you are exasperated and simply discouraged.
Obesity or Aatisthoola as called in Ayurveda, can be cured by some simple suggestions and principles laid down by our ancient scholars of Ayurveda.
- So as to bring down the body weight, or the Medha dhatu, it is regarded essential to practice daily exercise not only of the body, but also of the mind.
- Many Yoga exercises have been specified for the purpose of easy weight loss. Also, there are deep breathing exercises, or Pranayama, which can be undertaken so as to accelerate your weight loss program.
- Food items sweet in taste should be decreased in daily diet schedule, and at the same time intake of diet components containing bitter and sour tastes should be encouraged.
- Food items like oats, barley, honey, pulses like moong and arhar, and herbs like dried ginger, bitter gourd, aamla, soye, etc. help in removing excess body fat.
- The habit of sleeping in the daytime is to be discouraged.
- Dry massages and enemas prove helpful.
- A glass of lukewarm water along with a few drops of lemon juice and half a teaspoon honey is to be taken on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
- Some Ayurvedic medicinal formulations like Trifla churan, Mandoor bhasm, Swarnmakshik bhasm, guggul and shilajit are available in the market and can prove quite beneficial. Medicinal formulations like Medhohar guggul or Triushanaadi loha are generally prescribed. These should be taken under a qualified Ayurvedic doctor’s supervision.
These eight steps can have profound effects on your life. However, it’s vitally important to meet yourself where you are, in order to maintain sanity and not create more stress. Decide if this plan is something you want to take on full throttle, or if just a piece or two could be incorporated into your routine at this time. It’s okay to begin with small steps. Slowly but surely, the wisdom of Ayurveda can help lead you toward stress-free, healthy weight loss.