Cow’s milk has always been included in the diet since many years. Basically, it contains numerous minerals and vitamins that are required to keep the body healthy. While whole milk contains less than 4 percent fat, semi-skimmed milk has less than 2 percent fat.
If the person is drinking 200ml of milk, then the calcium content is as much as 11 portions of spinach. On the whole, milk offers 37 percent of calcium if it’s consumed every day. Moreover, half a liter of milk is rich in nutrients when compared to 250 grams of meat and three eggs.
Milk is considered as the most nutritious beverage because it contains proteins, Vitamin A, D, B1, B2, and B12. Apart from everything else, potassium and magnesium is also present in the liquid. So, let’s check out which is the best time to drink milk.
Why It’s Better To Drink Milk At Night?
According to Ayurveda, it’s recommended to take warm milk whenever a person is about to fall asleep. In case you would be drinking a glass of hot milk regularly, then you shouldn’t forget to add a little bit of ginger, turmeric, and cardamom.
One of the main advantages of drinking the beverage is that it induces sleep. Tryptophan which is nothing but an amino acid helps the person to sleep in a much better way. Moreover, milk contains melatonin which aids to combat problems associated with sleep.
Magnesium is another nutrient that drives many biochemical reactions and helps to maintain the nervous system to the best extent. With the nutrient, the individual is always able to sleep throughout the entire night and overcome restless leg syndrome.
Due to the presence of calcium, some experts have stated that milk is essential for the overall development of bones. Therefore, a person can benefit from drinking milk at night because the absorption of calcium is optimal and there’s less physical activity.
In addition to many health benefits of drinking milk helps in digesting food effectively. In Ayurveda, this state is often referred to as Ojas.
However, doctors wouldn’t recommend drinking milk at night in case the person is suffering from constipation. This is because lactose and proteins like casein, globulins and albumin have the ability to decrease the functionality of the body. Besides, milk can interfere with the detoxification process when the liver is extremely active at night.
What If You Drink Milk In The Morning?
It’s always better to start off your day with milk poured on a bowl of cereals. As the beverage furnishes the body with essential nutrients, it actually works towards maintaining the health. But, the person should be careful about how much milk he gulps down. If he drinks more than the usual quantity, then he might have to experience issues related to digestion.
Ideally, the parent can feed toddlers with two glasses of milk daily. Besides, three small cups are more than sufficient for adults and teenagers.
Various Ways In Which Milk Could Be Drunk
- Once you wake up in the morning, it’s always a good idea to drink milk on an empty stomach. Make sure that milk is slightly warm because it enhances the ability of absorbing nutrients in the body. For enhancing the taste, you can add a teaspoon of sugar or a little bit of artificial sweetener.
- In case you are having milk during breakfast, you could have it with cornflakes or oats. Instead of pouring cold milk, you should boil milk for some time and pour it in the bowl. To lower down the calorie intake, it is always better to use plain milk along with processed cereals.
- In case your child is reluctant to drink milk, then a milkshake could be a better option. In order to make the drink, you can add a few slices of a banana to cold milk. Later, you can blend the slices with a blender and skip adding sugar or an artificial sweetener.
- In case you having lunch, then non-fermented or fermented milk products can also be consumed to increase the capability of absorbing nutrients. You could probably have yogurt parfait or cheese along with everything for lunch.
- If your body is quite slow in digesting food, then it’s better to have milk anytime between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm. If you prefer having milk in the evening and 1 hour after dinner, then ensure that the beverage is slightly warm.
Is It A Good Idea To Have Milk On An Empty Stomach?
Everyone can’t drink milk when the stomach is empty. As per Ayurveda, the person may have to deal with problems if Vata and Kapha is dominant. But, in case people with Vata need to drink milk, then they can have it anytime during the day with a little bit of jaggery.
Those prone to flu and cough shouldn’t have the beverage first thing in the morning. If the individual is allergic to food, then he shouldn’t include milk in his diet.
Finally, the daily diet should be thought about depending on what the body requires. Over a period of time, you would able to get an idea of the food items that can keep you energetic all day long.